As technology evolves and the content landscape becomes more crowded, users are gravitating toward channels that deliver precise information across any device on demand.
Cruce Saunders, founder and principal at [A]Ⓡ (simplea.com) and author of Content Engineering for a Multi-Channel World, was joined by senior content engineer Beth Weaving of [A], to present a hands-on, 90-minute IDW 2017 workshop introducing steps content owners can take to build chatbots that interact with existing content sets with the flexible power of intelligent, structured content.
According to a survey by Oracle, 80% of 800 chief marketing officers, chief strategy officers, senior marketers, and senior sales executives surveyed, reported they already use or plan to use chatbots by 2020.
Attendees came away with an understanding of:
- Basics Requirements for Building a Bot with the Content You Already Have.
- How to recognize and leverage structured, bot-relevant content in customer documentation, online help, FAQs, and knowledge base applications to power one or more chatbots.
- The various types of chatbots and the value each serves as an engagement tool and content channel.
- Basic chatbot content requirements, components and construction.
- How interactive content can reside alongside traditional content.
- How to source AI-Driven content from the CMS and extend existing content repositories.
- How a real-life API.AI and a native CMS was structured and built.
- Structured Content and Content Modeling Best Practices for Bot-Driven Content Delivery:
- The basics of content modeling for multichannel publishing to chatbots
- Content architectures that support multichannel delivery to chatbots and other forms of interactive content applications
- The advantages of a master content model and how interactive content fits in
- Practical ways to integrate chatbot components into CMS structured content types including intents, responses, and entities
- How taxonomy figures into chatbot content discovery and recommendations
- Resources for further exploration and implementation
The ability to:
- Begin single-sourcing intelligent content out to interactive channels
- Future-proof content by building a chatbot-ready content model
- Communicate requirements and content delivery systems architecture ideas to technical stakeholders
- Simple exercises to help discover structured Q&A content that can be leveraged for chatbots in existing content sets across unstructured FAQs, knowledge management, customer service, and documentation.
- Interactive content modeling session, focused on models that support interactive bot content elements and attributes
For more info download [A]'s resources:
Request a Workshop
to inquire about scheduling a workshop for your content team.
More About Creating Machine-Ready Content, Information Development World 2017
11/28/2017 - 11/30/2017
Menlo Park, CA
The Content Wrangler, Content Rules
About The Conference
IDW is an intimate, three-day, laser-focused, guided journey designed to prepare you for the coming artificial intelligence revolution. We bring together an impressive roster of knowledgeable content professionals—innovators, artists, scientists, engineers, academics, and business leaders—in one big room and take you step-by-step through the topics that matter.
Shorter sessions. Laser-focused. No nonsense. No amateurs. No meaningless blabber.
What you will learn.
Your guided journey begins with a focus on the business activities, processes, competencies, and tools required to take full advantage of chatbots, voice interfaces, and intelligent agents. Each day has a specific focus and is divided into bite-sized chunks, making it easy for you to have a-ha moments. Daily mini-workshops help you identify next steps you’ll need to prepare your content for the future.
Information Development World
- LEARN — what chatbots are, how they work, what they can do for you (and for your prospects and customers)
- SEE — chatbots in action; discover ways to use chatbots to deliver engaging content experiences
- UNDERSTAND — why you need content strategy to support chatbots and the creation of conversational content
- DO — learn from those who are working in the trenches; attend mini-workshops designed to get you thinking differently about content
(IDW) is the conference for technical, marketing, and product information managers—the folks responsible for managing the people, processes, and technologies involved in creating exceptional customer experiences with content. IDW takes place November 28-30 at the Quadrus Conference Center
in Menlo Park, California, the heart of Silicon Valley venture-capital land.
As founder and principal at [A] and author of Content Engineering for a Multi-Channel World
, Cruce Saunders
bring more than 20 years of experience focused on content delivery technology. His team has delivered more than 300 successful digital and content engineering engagements. Cruce regularly speaks on multichannel marketing, content engineering, content asset valuation, intelligent content, machine learning, AI, cognitive systems, customer experience platforms, and digital maturity. [A] operates in the US, Mexico and Latin America and serves large corporations, governments, associations, NGOs and other complex institutions.