Design an ecosystem that delivers relevant, effortless customers interactions.
Most content isn't ready for Intelligent Customer Experience (ICX). Today, most content crops up in ad hoc ways driven by manual processes built before the omnichannel era. Content in those enterprises is some form of "free for all" that basically nets out to a big mess. In other enterprises, standards rule. But they rule so much that creativity and autonomy have been sacrificed. How can we balance a need for centrally maintained standards with functional speed and agility in the field?
Wise engineering principles save endless human error cycles. To consistently produce and maintain useful, engaging content for customers, it must be distilled, refined, and transformed through purposeful engineering.
Assembling content for omnichannel, conversational experiences does require systemic change:
[A] content engineers help clients realize the value of existing content assets and extend value through innovation and content enrichment. Below are some of [A]'s engineering services.
Structural Architecture and Design
To assemble content in context, engineered structure (via the Core Content Model®) enables fluid movement, transformation, and precise content delivery.
- Connect the entire authoring and publishing ecosystem to enable streamlined communication and content movement.
- Bridge structural standards like schema.org and DITA into an organized harmony.
- Bring together the right content for various contexts by defining the right metadata structure to suit the needs of multiple stakeholders and systems.
- Build shared vision around the organization's content lifecycle and processes, both current and future states.
- Define the structure and layout of renderings, views, and presentation displays of the content templates that drive customer experiences.
Content Tagging and Semantics
Ensuring that content is labeled with objective concepts (semantics) allows content to be matched to customer intent. [A] does this by:
- Reconciling taxonomies and building tagging standards.
- Supporting human tagging, supervised autotagging, and semantic annotation functions.
- Preparing for global content, cross-functional usages, and localization with terminology management.
- Building a Master Semantic Model to document, share, and bridge concepts across business and customer needs.
- Deploying software and processes for sharing and managing semantics based on a Master Semantic Model.
Although often invisible, metadata is key content that helps applications, authors, and bots use and relate content in smart ways. Content intelligence and metadata go hand-in-hand.
- Allow cross-application communication and content translation.
- Improve machine-readability and bot-findability.
- Incorporate content model-based picklist references from shared semantic sources.
- Enhance ADA-compliant experiences.
Engineering for Reuse
The more an organization produces, the more organizations have to manage.
- Create content that is used in multiple renderings, channels, or environments that only needs a single point of management.
- Tie in discovery tools and workflows.
- Produce long-lasting content that increases ROI.
- Increase content relations and customer touch-points.
Modular Content Templates and Experience Design
Create the foundation for dynamically assembled experiences through content engineering.
- Leverage defined content types to be assembled to serve customer intent.
- Shift UX practices towards using "content ingredients" instead of fixed strings or blocks.
- Plan assemblies and renderings with clear-eyed incorporation of available content elements.
- Deliver accurate, personalized, content in context.
Address incremental change with content engineering. Analyze current authoring and publishing process, as well as the current shape and structure of content and related semantics. Then chart a path to improving both.
Content engineers work to improve the utility of the content itself. As a positive side-effect, clients find they improve team performance and foster lasting value from content assets. Organize content chaos with [A].